Contribute Your Art to Charlottesville’s Largest Exhibit!
“This is about fun, sharing and the creative expression of our community!”
FRAMEWORX | Community Canvas is a digital art installation on the Charlottesville downtown mall that will showcase community contributed artworks on the abandoned Landmark Hotel. We’re creating an opportunity to use the Landmark Hotel as an epic gallery for community expression. The community’s collective works will serve to entertain, inspire and illuminate our cityscape.
FRAMEWORX | Community Canvas is a projection mapping installation that will warp and wrap the Landmark with projected imagery creating a visible, usable canvas out of the building’s concrete shell. Community art will be shared in a continuous loop on a regular schedule throughout the Holiday season, launching Saturday, December 1st at dusk. Submit your artwork now! *Submission details below.
The exhibit will feature original structure mapping art by Jeff Dobrow (aka Doc Jim) in addition to art submitted by the community.
The general public, schools, churches and any/all community groups are welcome and encouraged to submit digital photos for inclusion in the exhibit through the FRAMEWORX website and FB page. This is about fun, sharing and the creative expression of our community!
FRAMEWORX submission guidelines:
• Submissions are open now through December 21st. Share your art, please!
• Shoot your work in landscape orientation with a loose margin using any mobile device or digital camera.
• If you have a sculpture or physical piece, shoot against a plain, dark background if possible.
• Edit or resize your image to 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels tall and remember to use landscape orientation.
• Save as a JPEG and email to email@example.com.
• General questions or thoughts should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Enter as many works as you wish.
Visual artist Jeff Dobrow (aka Doc Jim) has partnered with the IX Art Park and Ludwig Kuttner to bring FRAMEWORX to our community.